why choose cyber sense
We offer the following popular Penetration Test packages.
All our packages can be tailored to your company’s specific requirements.
Benefits of Penetration Testing
Penetration Testing FAQ
A penetration test is a simulated cyber attack against your computer infrastructure attempting to discover weaknesses and vulnerabilities in your organisation’s defences.
Conducting a penetration test is crucial for several reasons.
- Identifies Vulnerabilities Early: Detects security weaknesses before they can be exploited by attackers.
- Protects Customer Trust: Enhances customer confidence by demonstrating a commitment to data security.
- Maintains Company Reputation: Prevents breaches that could damage the business’s public image and credibility.
- Ensures Regulatory Compliance: Helps meet legal and industry standards, avoiding fines and legal issues.
- Cost-Effective Strategy: More economical compared to the high costs of responding to security incidents.
- Informs Resource Allocation: Provides insights for strategic security investments and improvements.
- Adapts to Evolving Threats: Keeps pace with changing cyber threats in the digital landscape.
- Builds Security Awareness: Educates and involves employees in recognizing and mitigating security risks.
A penetration test is typically performed in stages: planning and reconnaissance, scanning, gaining access, maintaining access, and analysis. The tester starts by defining the scope and goals, including the systems to be tested and the testing methods to be used. They then gather information (reconnaissance), identify potential entry points, and attempt to break in (either virtually or physically) to exploit any weaknesses. After gaining access, they may try to maintain it to understand the depth of the breach, followed by an analysis of the test, documenting any vulnerabilities and providing recommendations for strengthening security.
For our team, it’s essential that decision-makers fully grasp the risks and threats facing their business. To ensure this, all of our reports feature an easy-to-understand Executive Summary and a Risk Prioritisation Plan. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive section on detailed findings, complete with actionable remediation advice, to guide effective and informed decision-making.
IASME Certification Body